Master Forge Gas Grills Recalled for Fire and Burn Hazard

Master Forge Gas Grills Recalled for Fire and Burn Hazard

Master Forge Gas Grills Recalled for Fire and Burn Hazard

On November 6, 2012, the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) announced that a particular model of Master Forge Gas Grills is being voluntarily recalled.  Consumers need to stop using this product immediately.  

The recall involves the Master Forge four-burner gas grill that has a base with a single door.  The recalled grill has the words “Master Forge” written on the hood, and the model number GD4825 is printed on a label inside the door on the grill’s base.  The item number 94227 is located on the cover of the grill’s instruction manual.  

About 37,000 grills are affected by the recall in the United States.  The grills were manufactured by Guangdong Vanward Electric Co, Ltd, in China and then imported to the United States by LG Sourcing, Inc, in North Wilkesboro, North Carolina.  The grills were sold exclusively at Lowe’s hardware stores from November of 2011 to May of 2012 for around $270.  

The CPSC reports that the connecting hose between the gas tank and the burner control can come into contact with the burner box—resulting in the hose to melt and rupture once the grill is turned on.  Guangdong Vanward has reported two cases of the hoses melting and rupturing so far, but no injuries have been reported.  

Consumers should stop using the grill right away and inspect the unit when the gas is turned off.  If you own the recalled grill, make sure the gas hose is located outside of the grill cabinet and runs through the round hole on the side panel.  Affected consumers should contact Guangdong Vanward Electric to receive revised instructions and a warning label that shows how to install the hose and regulator properly.  

You can contact Guangdong Electric at (888) 584-3648 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. from Monday to Friday.  

Source: U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission




Related Articles

Read previous post:
Powermate Generators Recalled for Fire Hazard